For many of us, the signs we display on our premises reflect the corporate look of our business but there is much more to a good sign than its looks!
When considering signage for your building, remember the following:
- signs need to be simple, short and easily understood
- signs also need to be consistent
- use a mix of upper and lower case lettering
- use a sans serif font like Arial
- contrast the text colour with the sign background colour
- contrast the sign with its surroundings
- use matt surfaces for signs – avoid surfaces that cause reflective glare
- use appropriate font sizes for different types of signs
- place signs in logical positions at appropriate heights
- use symbols as well as words
- use tactile signs appropriately
E-LEARNING IS THE WAY FORWARD.
Cost effective training without leaving the workplace.
Sign up now for a free trial of all our courses
IOSH Course Diary for 2018
NEXT IOSH MANAGING SAFELY COURSE
20/21 & 27-28 February 2018 Book this course and receive 2 of the following E-Learning courses Free yes FREE
Fire Marshal - Basic Fire Safety - Safe use of Fire extinguishers - DSE awareness - Asbestos Awareness
Still places available please BOOK NOW
NEXT IOSH WORKING SAFELY COURSE (Passport to Safety for CSCS card)
9 February 2018