Health and Safety Courses
All courses are designed and delivered by Health and Safety professionals.
Our range of courses helps to identify health and safety disciplines and is targeted to be applied directly to your business. With our finger firmly on the pulse of Health and Safety affairs, you can rely upon us to provide you with up-to-date, topical training, to ensure your business is compliant with changes in Government legislation.
Our courses can be delivered at your premises or your delegates can attend an open course within your area
With minimum academic theory and maximum practical application, our training is fully interactive. Productive and enjoyable, there are no yawns in our sessions: live Health and Safety issues are tackled to give participants real value, fast.
Who needs health and safety training?
You do! Whether you are an employer or self-employed:
- Are you sure that you’re up to date with how to identify the hazards and control the risks from your work?
- Do you know how to get help – from your trade association, your local Chamber of Commerce, or your health and safety enforcing authority?
- Do you know what you have to do about consulting your employees, or their representatives, on health and safety issues?
If not, you would probably benefit from some training.
Your managers and supervisors do! If you employ managers or supervisors they will certainly need some training. They need to know:
- What you expect from them in terms of health and safety
- How you expect them to deliver
- They need to understand your health and safety policy, where they fit in, and how you want health and safety managed
- They may also need training in the specific hazards of your processes and how you expect the risks to be controlled
Your employees do! Everyone who works for you, including self-employed people, needs to know:
- How to work safely and without risks to health
- Supervisors need to know about your health and safety policy, your arrangements for implementing it, and the part they play
- Supervisors need to know how they can raise any health and safety concerns with you
- Take into account the capabilities, training, knowledge and experience of workers;
- Ensure that the demands of the job do not exceed their ability to carry out their work without risk to themselves and others
Some employees may have particular training needs, for example:
- New recruits need basic induction training into how to work safely, including arrangements for first aid, fire and evacuation;
- People changing jobs or taking on extra responsibilities need to know about any new health and safety implications;
- Young employees are particularly vulnerable to accidents and you need to pay particular attention to their needs, so their training should be a priority;
- It is also important that new, inexperienced or young employees are adequately supervised;
Some people’s skills may need updating by refresher training
Your Risk Assessment should identify any further specific training needs.
What can you do?
Firstly, you should show your commitment so the people being trained recognise that the training is important.
Providing training needn’t be a great burden, but you do need to think ahead and prioritise. You may have appointed somebody to give you ‘competent assistance’ (see ‘The Law’) and they should be able to help.
Still not sure what to do then call 01189541700 or complete our click here and complete our enquiry form now and we will help you to help your employees and ensure compliance with current Health and Safety legislation
See accredited IOSH course program for 2018 by clicking here
Why not try our E-Learning courses click here for more information
A SENSIBLE APPROACH TO HEALTH AND SAFETY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE
E-LEARNING IS THE WAY FORWARD
Cost effective training without leaving the workplace. for more information click here
Sign up now for a free trial of all our courses
IOSH Course Diary for 2018
NEXT 3 Day IOSH MANAGING SAFELY COURSE
10-11-12 October 2018
Still places available please BOOK NOW
NEXT IOSH WORKING SAFELY COURSE (Passport to Safety for CSCS card)
23 October 2018
NEXT IOSH MANAGING SAFELY REFRESHER COURSE
25 October 2018
Meet our training partners