For many of us, the signs we display on our premises reflect the corporate look of our business but there is much more to a good sign than its looks!
When considering signage for your building, remember the following:
- signs need to be simple, short and easily understood
- signs also need to be consistent
- use a mix of upper and lower case lettering
- use a sans serif font like Arial
- contrast the text colour with the sign background colour
- contrast the sign with its surroundings
- use matt surfaces for signs – avoid surfaces that cause reflective glare
- use appropriate font sizes for different types of signs
- place signs in logical positions at appropriate heights
- use symbols as well as words
- use tactile signs appropriately
Why Choose Bravanark Video
Courses for 2017
HEALTH AND SAFETY E-LEARNING IS THE WAY FORWARD.
Cost effective training without leaving the workplace.
Sign up now for a free trial of all our courses
NEXT IOSH MANAGING SAFELY COURSE
6/7 & 13/14 July 2017
Still places available
NEXT IOSH WORKING SAFELY COURSE (Passport to Safety for CSCS card)
30 June 2017 please click here to complete contact form