Why is health and safety training important?
• On average over a 5 year period 254 people are killed each year in accidents at work
• Over one million people are injured
• Over two million suffer illnesses caused by, or made worse by, their work
• Preventing accidents and ill health caused by work is a key priority for everyone at work
As the owner or manager of a business you know that competent employees are valuable.
Providing health and safety information and training helps you to:
• ensure your employees are not injured or made ill by the work they do
• develop a positive health and safety culture, where safe and healthy working becomes second nature to everyone
Find out how you could manage health and safety better; meet your legal and moral duty to protect the health and safety of your employees.
It will also:
• Increase productivity
• Reduces absenteeism
• Increase profitability
• Increase workforce moral.
• Effective training will contribute towards making your employees competent in health and safety
• Help your business avoid the distress that accidents and ill health cause
• Help you avoid the financial costs of accidents and occupational ill health
Don’t forget that your insurance doesn’t cover all these costs. Damaged products, lost production and de-motivated staff are the result.
The law requires that you provide whatever information, instruction and training needed to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of your employees.
We offer a flexible approach to training. We can deliver on a client’s own site thereby keeping costs down, or we can accommodate individuals on open courses run throughout the year.
We can also provide practical and sensible solutions that add value to your organisation and individuals by achievement of outcomes that significantly increase your organisation’s capability to achieve its goals.
People cannot be forced to learn but we can work with them to encourage and help them to do so in line with your business goals and strategy. Some of the areas where Bravanark can support you are:
Alongside occupational and environmental factors the other major thing that affects health and safety in the workplace is the human element. Ignorance, complacency, haste, distraction; all can contribute to an unsafe working environment. Training can have a positive impact on the working practices of a workforce. If your employees are informed and understand the how’s and the whys, they are more likely to follow safe working procedures than if they had never been told.
- Developing training plans
- Designing pre and post course evaluation forms
- Induction planning, design and delivery
Bravanark can tailor-make a health and safety training programme that suits your staff and the way you work. We can slot into an existing programme or present stand-alone sessions.
We are qualified to train your managers and staff, how to implement your Policy and Arrangements Manual; introduce them to health & safety law; teach them how to do risk assessments; other areas include manual handling techniques; fire training; safe working procedures; first aid; general health and safety awareness - in fact if you have identified a health and safety training need, we shall endeavour to meet it.
We can also provide IOSH accredited courses: Managing Safely: a 4 or 5-day course for managers, shift leaders, supervisors, etc; and Working Safely: a 1-day course for any employee whose work exposes them to risk.
To discuss your training needs call 01189541700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Training courses and dates for 2012
Read the HSE leaflet: Health and safety training - What you need to know by clicking here