For many of us, the signs we display on our premises reflect the corporate look of our business but there is much more to a good sign than its looks!
When considering signage for your building, remember the following:
- signs need to be simple, short and easily understood
- signs also need to be consistent
- use a mix of upper and lower case lettering
- use a sans serif font like Arial
- contrast the text colour with the sign background colour
- contrast the sign with its surroundings
- use matt surfaces for signs – avoid surfaces that cause reflective glare
- use appropriate font sizes for different types of signs
- place signs in logical positions at appropriate heights
- use symbols as well as words
- use tactile signs appropriately
Why Choose Bravanark Video
HEALTH AND SAFETY E-LEARNING IS THE WAY FORWARD.
Cost effective training without leaving the workplace.Sign up
now for a free trial of all our courses
Open Courses for 2017 ( We have a technical issue with our forms so please click here and complete the enquiry form. A full list of our open courses will be emailed to you within 12 hours) Sorry for any inconvenience
NEXT IOSH MANAGING SAFELY COURSE
7/8 & 14/15 September 2017 (Sorry this course is cancelled)
The next course will be 9/10 & 16/17 November 2017.
Still places available please complete the enquiry form
NEXT IOSH WORKING SAFELY COURSE (Passport to Safety for CSCS card)
26 October 2017. Please click button to complete contact form